Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kansas City Visit

Kansas City, MO
Memorial Day

Party yesterday at Tammy's with most of the KC area family represented.  Oklahoma Joe's barbecue was the featured entree...outstanding.

The kindness of the RV community continues to amaze me.  I can't back my little RPOD and the only site I could get in Longview RV Campground was a back-in.  The camp host saw me struggling Thursday and he came down to give me a lesson (he's a retired long-haul trucker).  BUT...I had to take the RPOD back to the shop Friday, as they did not finish with it Thursday.  So I was back in Longview struggling.  Within a few minutes I had three guys, all coaching me to get my trailer back into its spot.  And they all maintained reasonably straight faces.  

The guy parked two sites down from me affixed reflective tape to the RPOD hitch to make it easier for me to see when I am backing the Jeep to hitch it up.  Nice people, these RVers.

Thursday, May 28
Cahokia, IL

Left KC this morning.  As I was putting the rig into travel mode, of course there had to be a sudden shower which meant the hoses and electrical cable were mud-covered.  Everything had to be wiped down before I could stow it.

I only missed the last turn to the park and had to exit interstates, enter interstates, wind around, to find my way back.  But I got here.  AND GLORY, GLORY, HALLELUJAH!  There is a BBQ restaurant on the grounds of the park.  As soon as I got my rig parked, I sprinted over to gorge on pulled pork, barbecued beans, and coleslaw.  











No comments:

Post a Comment