Friday, November 18, 2016

Life at the Ranch

My new ride.


I have been considering buying a pickup for some time, as trailers follow a pickup better than they do a Jeep Grand Cherokee (wheelbase is 24 inches longer).  As it is the end of the year, dealers are willing to be flexible.  Unfortunately, this truck was at a dealer in Tucson, AZ, 220 miles from Deming.  All day run to go over to pick it up and return.  And then two days later,  we made another all day run (500 miles RT this time) to take the Jeep Grand Cherokee to Wyatt in Albuquerque and pick up a new flatbed trailer to haul the two side-by-sides at the same time.  I am tired of driving/riding.  

No more traveling now until mid-January.  We are planning a festive outing to the local truck stop for Thanksgiving dinner.  

Those of you who follow Facebook will see I have dropped out. The election year vitriol was getting me down.  At some point in the future, I may open another account.  The people I care about most all have the blog account link.  

No comments:

Post a Comment